I picked up this brown beauty, but the top was really messed up. I fixed the top by sanding, but there was still an area that would not take the beautiful General Finishes Java stain I tried to use on it. Well, it took it, but didn’t look right because the grain of the wood was just trashed in that area. So…. I decided to paint the top with Annie Sloan Graphite. I did put 3 coats on it, although it looked great after 2, sanding lightly between each coat…and then finished the top with 2 coats of General Finishes High Performance Gloss.
The base is 2 coats of Dixie Belle Buttercream, light sanding between coats for a silkier look, slight distressing and 1 coat of Dixie Belle Satin Finish Clear Coat. Although I don’t mind waxing certain pieces, a piece like this definitely was easier to finish with the brush-on clear coats.
Thanks for reading 🙂